Guide Me
star_border

Google Places API and My Business API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

i have activated my business on google maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Terence+Martin,+Asbestos+Surveys,+Fire+Risk+Assessment,+Commerci...

Can anyone give me help on how to generate an API, so i can give the link to my customers to leave reviews.

There are 2 API's currently for our name, but these addresses no longer exist,   the address i need API for is < Text has been removed to protect private information > .

i seem to be going around in circles,   Help!!  

Thanks Annette

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Places API and My Business API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The instructions to use the Place ID results in a URL that doesn't work in some situations. An alternative is to use this Url directly https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Terence+Martin%2C+Asbes...,

I might though point out that it would appear that your name is in violation of Google's naming guidelines (see https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en) where they say:

Name
Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers.

Any additional information, when relevant, can be included in other sections of your business information (e.g., "Address", "Categories"). Adding unnecessary information to your name (e.g., "Google Inc. - Mountain View Corporate Headquarters" instead of "Google") by including marketing taglines, store codes, special characters, hours or closed/open status, phone numbers, website URLs, service/product information, location/address or directions, or containment information (e.g. "Chase ATM in Duane Reade") is not permitted.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

adding to what @Mike Blumenthal said to @Annette M

There is beside the naming violation an other stronger violation:

At the same address and with the same phone number there is a duplicate.

I know for sure (addressing you Mike) that such duplicates prevent the procedure of "Create a link for customers to write reviews"  properly working

This is the MM-Link to "Northwest Asbestos Survey"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks Helmut.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Mike Blumenthal

this might be of interest for you:

the Site "Find the ID of a particular place"

finds without any problems the place Id for "Northwest Asbestos Survey"

(its Place ID: ChIJNcHL3I7XekgR4xdfpcQHEXw)

despite of "Northwest Asbestos Survey" and "Terence Martin, Asbestos Surveys, Fire Risk Assessment, Commercial and Home EPC's" have the same location marker both have different Address specifications:

Even in MapMaker.

The name-violating one comes up with this address:

the 8pr, 6 The Lydiate, Heswall, Wirral CH60 8PR, UK

while  "Northwest Asbestos Survey" just is specified for 

6 The Lydiate, Lower Heswall CH60 8PR, UK not having  additional but apparantly redundant adressing stuff like "the 8pr"

Otherwise I found a countersample for address addings and  nevertheless getting its place_id:

Institut für forensische Psychiatrie
Place ID: ChIJI_RPsGZaqEcRsrkXcQ03Y_A
Haus 10, Oranienburger Str. 285, 13437 Berlin, Germany

I'm not sure this  "address addings stuff"  matters in Anettes sample - but we should keep this as an option in mind.