Guide Me
star_border

Google MyBusiness API not updating data to Google even after 30 hrs

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with Google My Business API.

Issue summary:

Google My business API is currently used for updating Store Trading hours in the Google. We are currently facing difficulties in updating this process.

The Google My business API returns a 200 Success code for all the API and the response has the new updated result but the updated result is not reflected in the Google interface even after 30 hr of the update.

Eg - Trading hours of a store was updated to 7:00 to 00:00 for all days but it still shows 7:00 to 23:00 in the Google interface. 

Whom should i contact for help on this regard?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google MyBusiness API not updating data to Google even after 30 hrs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jayaprakash P ,

Two things.

1. Are you using 00:00 ? You need to specify 24:00 for end of the day. 00:00 is used for starting the day. Try with 24:00 and see if it works.

2. Do you use a field mask ? I would try using a field mask to specify what fields you want to change in your call. That way as a first step you would know if the call is actually working for you with given fields.

But if no field mask is specified it is taken as a full patch. I am not sure why it is not updating your store hours. Does it happen to other fields too ?

Good luck.

Re: Google MyBusiness API not updating data to Google even after 30 hrs

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Jayaprakash P,

Please make sure you set the validateOnly boolean field to false when sending a PATCH request to update business hours via the Google My Business API and it's best practice to always include a fieldMask for specific fields when you are updating a location to avoid overwriting data inadvertently.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team