For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Insight API?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is my understanding that the insight information is not currently available through the API, is this true?  How would someone who has 100 locations be able to export this data if not through the API?  Is there any plan to add this to the API?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Insight API?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Lauren G,

Access to location insights and analytics is not currently supported by the Google My Business API. We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this board and the API documentation website. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience.

You can continue to use the Google My Business UI to access insights for local businesses.

Thanks,

Terry

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Terry. This would be extremely helpful for multi-location national brands.

If not extractable by API, it would be nice to have an aggregated view of these insights across all locations in your business dashboard. 

Thank you, 

Michael

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Chiming in that this is now critical data set and large multi-location enterprises need a scalable way to obtain this data to model & assign meaningful value to this part of our local strategy. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi terry,

My Question is also same. Our business having presence in almost 32 countries and each countries have multiple offices so we are approx 200 listings in UK itself. We are reporting each city stats to our business stakeholder and its tough to fetch data manually. I am also looking for API so that i can automate it.

Nandan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

Any updates here? Doesn't it feel just plain "icky" to think about how many people are trying to manage data from many locations and/or clients without a way to export the data programmatically?

Thanks for fielding this thread!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Niraj S,

We are currently only targeting tech-savvy chains and third parties which manage Google My Business data for access to the Google My Business API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. Please check out the Prerequisites page of our Google Developers site to learn more about requesting access to the API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @DCFPS

We have released business location insights in the Google My Business API v3.2. Now you can access location insights such as total number of searches, views and actions that let business owners track and analyze where and how people are finding them on Google. You can learn more about these insights here.

Full documentation for this release can be found at:

https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/index

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have tried to integrate Insight API in our .net site using below example.

https://maps-apis.googleblog.com/2017/01/introducing-insights-in-google-my.html

We are not getting any sample code for insight API.

Can you please provide us sample code for this API.

We are trying to apply this API in Asp.Net.

Please reply us ASAP.
Thank you,

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S

Within the insight API, all the values are there except the photo views.

Are those information accessible somewhere else (API)?