AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business API Service - Info

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm writing to ask more information about Google My Business API: https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/.

We will included these API into our Portal. In this mode, our users can manage your data for Google My Business.

Reading the TOS (https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/policies), we must provide to Google a demo account to our API tool.

What is this control?

We can use the API on a test account?

Regards,

Cristian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business API Service - Info

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Cristian D,

We are currently only targeting tech-savvy chains and third parties which manage Google My Business data for access to the Google My Business API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. Please check out the Prerequisites page of our Google Developers site to learn more about requesting access to the API.

Regarding your question about a demo account mentioned in our policies, we may ask you for a demo account for the application that calls the Google My Business API. This is usually the application your clients or your company personnel use to manage Google My Business data.

No, you can’t submit a separate Google My Business API project that will be used for testing purposes since we are currently only whitelisting one project per business. Please perform any testing with unverified locations in your primary project. The API is designed for developers who represent actual chains and third parties to build applications for managing business location information in Google My Business.

Thanks,

Terry