Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business API Credenitals

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,

We are in developing a project called DashReview which is used to connect the GMB account and put the review reply and monitor the ratings from the customers/users/reviewers.

Now we have got a request from a customer of us that they want the same idea for them.

When We create the project itself we got a query from GMB support team as below

• Do you manage any Google My Business data for your clients today

We replied for  that “Yes. We manage GMBs of few major clients with 120+ locations across 5 countries.

• How you plan to gain access to your clients business data

We replied for  that “We have an agreement with client to manage their account by just give a API output”

Now, we like to start using the customer GMB account for their review process using GMB API based application developed by us.

Are we have to do the same process for this client which we have done to create a GMB API project and enable GMB API. or as we requested already is there any options/code to incorporate the clients GMB credentials in our project ( which is approved by GMB API).

Hope the query is clear from our end. Please respond if anybody has solutions/idea/suggestion.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business API Credenitals

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Mahender S,

You don't need to create an additional project for your customer in Google API Console and submit another access request form for access to the Google My Business API using their top-level Google Account since we're only whitelisting one project per business and not whitelisting separate projects for each of your customers because that's prohibited according to our policies. We suggest you read through the Accepted Solution for using a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for separate Google Accounts.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Terry,

As per reply I studied the google polices throughout. As per the understanding, I suggest my third party user, to give me the manger access permission to his google pages so that i can use my existing GMB to retrieve the reviews and post the reply to the reviews to his google pages.

Third party user gave the manger invite for my registered google Business account  2 days ago, but i haven't received the mail regarding the invite. I checked my account notification settings, all possible options are turned on. But my third party user account displays my name as  invited manger.

Kindly guide us steps to be followed to get the email to accept the invite and continue further.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Mahender S,

When you add a business account owner/manager, or add a listing owner/manager via the Google My Business UI or the Google My Business API, you should make sure that the invitee's email address is associated with a Google Account. When the invitee signs in to Google My Business using their Google Account, they will be prompted to agree to the terms and conditions, as well as accept the invitation in order to be granted access to the business account or location.

Can you double-check that your client has invited you to become an admin for a business account or location using the correct email address associated with a Google Account? Can you also check the spam folder of your recipient Google Account email address in case the admin invitation emails were inadvertently filtered as spam?

For more information about owners and managers of business accounts, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

For more information about owners and managers of listings, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Terry

Google My Business API Credenitals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Mahender,

I am using a .net application that would use the Google My Business API to pull  reviews  off google for  different Clients (Physicians) and than those  reviews would be saved in db tables and would be analysed periodically .

I read your thread and the implementations issues . I wanted to make sure that i am on the right track. I requested an access to Google my Business API on behalf of my organisation that was granted . I can add the GMB API in the API Developers console under an auto-generated project. I am able to create a key and by  using the oauth 2.0 authorisation i got a secret and a client ID . 

I am aware that each client account has to be logged in for each token generated that could be used later on to access their profiles by the provided scope.

Appreciate if you could help my answering the following questions:

Questions :

1-Now how should i start getting tokens for the different accounts? oauth 2.0 authorisation , right ?

2- When we talk about adding client accounts to the project in my console - are these regular google, gmail accounts or a business account? 

3- Would clients be providing us any sort of permission , as i assume the oauth 2.0 would be utilised for this purpose?

4- Would the client accounts be added to the project in API Console or just in my  application ?

5- Once i have access the client's account, what operation or commands would help in pulling data example reviews ?

Thanks 

Asad Ullah 

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Asad U,

1. For access to Google My Business data in different Google Accounts, you should generate a separate OAuth 2.0 token for each Google Account that is for managing Google My Business data. Please make sure that you use the OAuth 2.0 credentials from the project we've whitelisted for your company to access the Google My Business API. When you use your whitelisted project’s credentials to request user consent and obtain an OAuth 2.0 access token for authentication and authorization via the API, you should be logging in with the specific Google Account you need to access Google My Business data from. When this token is provided and you are making API calls, you should be able to view and manage all the existing locations within that Google Account. You should repeat this process with a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for your separate Google Accounts to obtain a token for each Google Account.

In addition, when using an OAuth 2.0 client ID for authorization, you should store the refresh token for future use and use the access token to access the API. Once the access token expires, the application should use the refresh token to obtain a new one. This way, your application will always be able to request a new access token when necessary. This process requires a user to manually authorize the application only once.

The C# client library doesn’t currently support the display of detailed error messages. Please follow the Make a simple HTTP request step-by-step guide on the Google Developers site to learn how to use the OAuth 2.0 Playground for troubleshooting errors with detailed error messages when sending requests with data via the Google My Business API.

Please check out the OAuth 2.0 document to learn how to implement the OAuth 2.0 protocol for different types of applications with the Google API Client Library for .NET. You can learn about how to use an OAuth 2.0 client ID or a service account with the C# client library in this thread.

2. You do not have to add any of your clients as a project member to your company’s whitelisted project for access to their Google My Business data in their respective Google Accounts. All you need to do is request user consent and obtain an OAuth 2.0 access token for authentication and authorization in each separate Google Account via the Google My Business API as described in 1. The Google Account can have an alternate email address besides an Gmail email address. Business accounts are for sharing access to a large set of locations with a group of people between different Google Accounts. Please check out the best practices for using Business Accounts with Google My Business locations in the FAQ.

3. Yes, you need to request user consent during OAuth 2.0 authorization for permissions to access Google My Business data in each of your clients’ Google Accounts as described in 1. I suggest you read through the Prerequisites of the Google My Business API and the Basic steps of Using OAuth 2.0 to Access Google APIs to learn how to use OAuth 2.0 authentication and authorization and make requests via the Google My Business API.

4. You do not have to add any of your clients as a project member to your company’s whitelisted project for access to their Google My Business data in their respective Google Accounts as described in 2. An access token has a limited lifetime. Once the access token expires, your application should use the refresh token to obtain a new one. Your application should store the refresh token retrieved from each of your clients’ Google Accounts for future use and use the access token to access the Google My Business API.

5. Please check out the operations on the Work with Review Data page that you can perform on review data via the API. You can learn about how to list all reviews or update a reply to the specified review with the C# client library in this Accepted Solution.

Thanks,

Terry