Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business API Access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

We have associated project in google console and try to enable google my business api from console but we are unable to find google my business api for enable. We have also submitted approval form to google and We also received approval email. But still when we ran code try to fetch accounts data.

We tried from below below url.

https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/#access_token=< Text has been removed to protect private information >&token_type=Bearer&expires_in=3600

It is showing below error.

"status": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
"message": "Google My Business API has not been used in project scout50-dash before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/mybusiness.googleapis.com/overview?project=< Text has been removed to protect private information > then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.",
"code": 403,
"details": [
{
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.Help",
"links": [
{
"url": "https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/mybusiness.googleapis.com/overview?project=< Text has been removed to protect private information >",
"description": "Google developers console API activation"
}
]

If you could please help out with this, that would be great.

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business API Access

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Scout50 D,

The common cause for not being able to find the Google My Business API in Google Developers Console is your Google Account may not have been submitted in the access request form as an email address that will administer the Project ID.

We’ll reach out to you privately in a separate email thread for more details.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Terry W

I am developper who have to create a project with google business API to retrieve all reviews of our client
So I have  questions
1-In our  documentation it's mentionned that "Third parties should not request access on behalf of their clients. Third parties should request access using a single project ID for their entire application. Have clients invite you to their existing Business Account as a manager. You can then access their account through your generated OAuth 2.0 Token." if I understand then our client have to invite us as manager and after I create the projet and i use the client id and client secret to get token
Could you confirm it please?

2-is it necessary for us to request form to have access of the google business api and then is it our own information that we put on it or the informations of clients (company,url company...)

3-About the rate limits of API, is it by the application or by access_token

Thanks a lot for your reply

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Tantely H,

1. Yes, third parties should not request access on behalf of their clients. If your client already has a Google My Business account, they can add you as a manager to their individual location(s) or their business account. Once you are added as manager, you can access their account through your generated OAuth 2.0 accessToken to manage client’s locations in the Google My Business.

2. Yes, you need to submit the whitelist application form to have access of the Google My Business API. When submitting your request, please answer all questions accurately and in as much detail as possible about your own company not your client’s information and be sure to provide a requester with email address within your company.

3. It is by the application. It is always recommended to follow the usage limits when sending requests for Google My Business projects.

Thanks,

Shalini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S,

I have another questions about google business API

1-Our purpose is to retrieve all reviews in all locations of an account, and delete the review if it is not appropriate but my problem is there is no API for deleting review, is there a way to delete the review posted by another user?

As I see in the documentation it is possible to delete reply of review  and post a reply in a review but there is no delete review

Thanks a lot for you replies

Reading you soon

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Tantely H,

You can get a list of reviews using the reviews.list method in the Google My Business API. Please note, you can only fetch a maximum of 200 reviews per page. Therefore, you should specify the pageSize and pageToken query parameters to paginate the reviews when listing all reviews for the specified location. You should provide a consistent pageSize query parameter because the pageSize determines the number of pages for your total results. Please make sure that the pageToken is set to the nextPageToken field value returned by a preceding call to list reviews when there were more reviews than could fit in the requested pageSize.

No, unfortunately you can’t edit or delete reviews through the Google My Business API or the Google My Business UI. However, this article describes how you can flag and fix inappropriate reviews.

Thanks,

Shalini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S

Thank you so much for your replies

I have another questions:

1-What is the between account and account.admins

2-In my purpose is it necessary to get list of review of account.admins or only get list review in account only

because I have to get all account ,and for each account get all locations and for each locations get reviews, So Do I have do the same in account.admins the only is enough

3-Is there an API for Flagging review?

Thank you so much for you reply

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Additionnal of the my questions above @Shalini S

When the review is flagged as inapropriate is it automatically removed by google ?

Thanks a lot

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi @Tantely H,

1. Judging from your email address on this board, your company may not have a whitelisted project to access the Google My Business API. So before you use any Google My Business API, you need to have a whitelisted project to access them. You can check out the Prerequisites page of our documentation website to learn more about requesting access to the API.

2. No, unfortunately there is no API for flagging reviews. We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site.

3. Yes, if you flagged a review for removal, the review will be assessed and possibly removed from your listing. Please note, only flag reviews that violate Google policies. Don't flag reviews that you don't like but are still factually accurate. Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience. Read the policy before flagging a review.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shanili S

Thanks a lot for your reply

1-We have already an account which is already have been access to Google Business API

Before we use it to our client, I have to know if it is necessary to retrieve both account ,account.admins (account.locations and account.location.admin) or in  the result of account  the admin is  already included so then there is no need to make over call of account.admins or account.location.admin

Thank you for your reply

2-