AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Google API Developer's Console: Can't load GMB API "Overview" dashboard tab on Chrome

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I'd like to be able to use the Google API Developer's console to monitor my consumption of the Google My Business API.

Upon logging into the API Manager console and viewing the Dashboard, I'm greeted with some graphs of my general API usage and can click on "Google My Business API" in the API list to get a more detailed view of my usage with this API. However, upon clicking the link, which brings me to a tab called "Overview," I can only see a blank page, where I once recall being able to see several interactive graphs about my API usage. Now it is simply blank, save for a box inviting me to read the documentation.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.21.38 AM.png

When I click the "Quotas" tab, everything loads fine. I've tested logging into the dashboard on other colleague's accounts who are using the same credentials, on their computers, and it works fine, unlike for me.

In the JS console, I see a link with a 404. Clicking the link takes me to a page with:

{
error: {
code: 401,
message: "Request is missing required authentication credential. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.",
}
}

I am confused because I already have permissions on this API. The same problem is happening for me on Safari. How can it be a credentials issue?  Do I have to give myself more appropriate credentials?

Thanks for your help.

Philip

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google API Developer's Console: Can't load GMB API "Overview" dashboard tab on Chrome

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Philip K,

The common cause for not being able to find the Google My Business API in Google Developers Console is your Google Account may not have been submitted in the access request form as an email address that will administer the Project ID.

We’ll reach out to you privately on a separate thread for more details.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team