My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Getting performance metrics via API into Google Spreadsheet?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am with an agency and we want to add these metrics to our monthly client reports.

I would like to be able to insert them into a Google Spreadsheet automatically via the API; ideally on a schedule!

I don't know if these values can be retrieved from the API, but perhaps so, and perhaps someone has already created a spreadsheet script for this?

Thanks much. :)

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Drew C
July 2016

Re: Getting performance metrics via API into Google Spreadsheet?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Drew C,

Currently, it’s not possible to automatically insert performance metrics into a Google Spreadsheet via GMB API. Furthermore, you can’t access performance metrics from GMB API.

We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this board and the API documentation website. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Yash!

I suppose API updates only come along once in a while, but I would think that when something as big as these new reporting metrics come out that they would be synced to the API release schedule too? Organizations just can't afford to pay for manual copying and pasting of metrics when there are so many channels to support and report on. So the data goes unnoticed, unused, unvalued. It's sad but true.

For me, a "typical" agency director with "typical" real-world, everyday clients, this is the single most relevant GMB API feature to me (or would be if it existed).

May I submit a feature request that this piece be included in a future update of the GMB API? Is this forum post a legitimate channel for this (i.e., will someone field it as a feature request), or is there a better channel? Let me know!

Thanks! :)

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Drew C,

This forum is an official Google support channel, actively monitored by the team here at Google. So while we don't have a way for you to submit a feature request directly, know we take your posts into consideration as we’re planning new features.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thanks Yash.