Guide Me
star_border

Getting 401 Error Unauthenication

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Team,

I have completed all the steps to configure the gmb api. Api is enabled for my account and Oauth creds are generated. But when i try to request the api i'm getting unauthenticated error in response. Can any one help me in this issue?

Here is the stack;

{
  "error": {
    "code": 401,
    "message": "The request does not have valid authentication credentials.",
    "status": "UNAUTHENTICATED"
  }
}
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting 401 Error Unauthenication

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Waleed A,

We’ve verified that your project has been approved and whitelisted to use the Google My Business API. The 401 Unauthorized error you experienced may be related to OAuth 2.0 Authorization using the OAuth 2.0 client ID.

Please follow the Make a simple HTTP request step thoroughly on the Get Started page of the documentation website to learn how to use the OAuth 2.0 Playground to experiment with the Google My Business API.

If you are continuing to experience the 401 Unauthorized error, please provide screenshots of the error and we will help you troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Terry,

I have a problem like:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. I want to deploy app "Hello world " to google cloud platform.

2. When I go to API I have the problem all the step because I am not clear about API service .

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Rady Y,

Judging from your email address on this forum, you do not have a whitelisted project to access the Google My Business API. We are currently only targeting large brand companies or companies working with clients to manage their business location data for access to the Google My Business API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines.

You can check out the Prerequisites page of our documentation website to learn more about requesting access to the API.

Thanks,

Terry