Guide Me
star_border

Get all reviews for any place

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am developing a project to create a recommender system. For testing, I need data (real data) and I would like to know how to fetch all reviews of a specific place knowing its place_id and not only the default 5 reviews provided by Google Place API Web Service. All the reviews will be stored in Cloud Platform Storage for later analytics. I am not the owner of any place and I will not able to ask different owners for their authorization.

If this has been asked previously please refer me to the specific pages with answers.

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Get all reviews for any place

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Alberto M

If you are planning to use the Google My Business API, we suggest you checkout the Prerequisites page of our Google Developers site to learn more about requesting access to the API.

Please note, we are currently only targeting tech-savvy chains and third parties which directly manage Google My Business location data for access to the API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines.  

Please do let me know if you have any questions! 

Thanks,

The Google My Business API Team

Get all reviews for any place

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think that is an approved use-case of the API. Any data you pull needs to be from authenticated clients!