For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Get a users claimed businesses through API call

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an app that leverages the Google Maps API. I'm implementing a feature where a user is able to claim a business location. Given that my user may have logged in with their Google account and already verified their ownership of the business through Google My Business I'd like to reduce friction by leveraging Google My Business data. Ideally the user would either log in with their Google account or link their Google account after creating a user within my app. Once my app has their authorization token I'd like to be able to make a call to the Google My Business API to get that users claimed businesses.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lucas H
October 2016

Re: Get a users claimed businesses through API call

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Lucas H,

Yes, you can request user consent using OAuth 2.0 protocol for each logged-in Google Account user to obtain an access token and refresh token (to refresh the access token) in order to access their respective Google My Business data. Please check out this Accepted Solution for using a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for separate Google Accounts. Please let me know if you have other questions for the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Terry