AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Update Location Name issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

We are trying to update the Location name through API call, but it is not updating. We checked it in OAuthPlaygound for detailed error message. And we got the message as "latlng" field is invalid argument as this field is read only. 

So i tried the same request without latlng values then it is working fine. But in the previous requests even if i pass latlng values also it was updated the location details. Could you please confirm that do we not pass the latlng values in the patch request.

Thanks & Regards

Karthik Jilla

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB Update Location Name issue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Jilla K,

The latlng field is read-only and cannot be updated. This field is only returned on get requests if the user-provided latlng value was accepted during create, or latlng value was updated through the Google My Business website.

If you have already created the location, please use a fieldMask in a PATCH request and make sure that the fieldMask does not include latlng when updating the location via the API. You can use the Google My Business UI to fix this geocode error.

Please read this article that includes the description of this specific error message and what you can do to fix this error and activate your listing.

Thanks,

Shalini

GMB Update Location Name issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

Thanks for the update. But i had few more questions on it.

1. Previously, when we sent the update request including latlng values then the location details got updated in GMB other than latlng values. But now we are getting the error message like latlng field is readonly. why?

2. Is V2 version functionalities will work even though it had sunset?

Thanks & Regards

Karthik Jilla

Re: GMB Update Location Name issue

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Jilla K,

1. The latlng field is read-only and this field is only returned on get requests. It is always recommended not to include latlng in fieldMask in a PATCH request when updating the location via the Google My Business API.

2. Since the v2 version of the Google My Business API has been sunsetted so there is no support for this version and there is no guarantee that any calls to v2 endpoints will work. If you are still calling v2, we strongly encourage you to migrate to v3 as soon as possible.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team