For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Insights API Data?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

We are an agency with over 50 accounts that we manage.

With the latest Insights dashboard, creating reports for out clients is next to impossible. Sure we can paste the data into excel and go from there, but that is counter intuitive. 

Are there any plans to allow API access to the Insights data on Local pages?

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben Fisher
August 2016

Re: GMB Insights API Data?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Ben Fisher,

Access to insights for local businesses is not currently supported by the Google My Business API. We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this forum and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience!

Thanks,

Terry

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben Fisher
August 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Ben Fisher,

Access to insights for local businesses is not currently supported by the Google My Business API. We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this forum and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience!

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Terry, can you share a timeline on getting this into the API? OR, is there a way to automatically export out GMB Insights? Thanks.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Auto N,

We don’t have a timeline for adding the functionality to view Insights for your business listings via the Google My Business API. You can download/export your business information but not including business insights in a bulk upload spreadsheet.

We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Terry

GMB Insights API Data?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Desperately need this feature as well.

GMB Insights API Data?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So glad I'm not the only one desperately waiting for this API functionality. I tweeted GMB several months ago to see if they had plans to make this available soon... all I heard back was crickets. 

GMB Insights API Data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I believe that this funcitonality is now available. https://maps-apis.googleblog.com/2017/01/introducing-insights-in-google-my.html 

GMB Insights API Data?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes it is! We've been moving pretty quickly to now pull that data into our reporting dashboards. This is a huge step in the right direction for local SEO