Guide Me
star_border

GMB API development question

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

There are two questions for developing GMB API.

1. Is there any sort of sandbox environement like  AdWords API? If not, how we should develop and test code?
2. When sending patch request for location, can I use our custom store id as sort of primary key?

Here's in detail.

1. Is there any sort of sandbox environement like AdWords API? If not, how we should develop and test code?

In developing with AdWords API, it looks there is test account. Do you have similar environment in GMB API as well? If there is not, how we should develop/test code? Don't you terminate our account if my request over quota or something? that is my concern for using my actual account.

2. When sending patch request for location, can I use our custom store id as sort of primary key?

When I want to update certain location information, I should use "patch" request of GMB API as reference suggested. And location_id in the end point,  which might be automatically generated when we create location, looks to be used for that. It could be really really great if I can use IDs for update in stead of that. Because it's slightly messy I should store location_id which you provided.

It must not I can do so, but I want to make it sure, there are great feature or any work around.

thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB API development question

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Kazuki K,

1. No, we don't provide a sandbox environment for testing purposes. Please perform any tests with unverified locations in your whitelisted project.

2. No, currently you cannot use your custom store id when updating your location using the Google My Business API. We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team