Guide Me
star_border

GMB API access request declined after form submission

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys.

I tried to follow each step from GMB API Prerequisites page (https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/prereqs) and I submitted api access request form accordingly.

Two days later, I got an email from Google stating my request had been rejected. Here's what I received:

====================================================================
Response From The Google My Business API team
====================================================================

Thank you for your interest in the Google My Business API.

This is the response the team got after emailing google...We are currently only granting API access to large brand companies or companies working with clients to manage their business location data. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. You have not met our requirements at this time.

However, we will retain your application in the event our guidelines change; no need to re-submit.

Thank you and please stay tuned to our Geo Developers blog for the latest updates.

Thanks,
The Google My Business API team

What am I doing wrong and what are the minimum feature requirements and product guidelines that I allegedly have not met at this time?

I'm a developer, working on business app development project and GMB API is an integral part of the project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB API access request declined after form submission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any updates please?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Google guys, anybody please help me on this :(

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Joey C,

We’ll reach out to you privately on a separate email thread regarding our review of your specific application for the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

GMB API access request declined after form submission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Terry!

We are encoutering the same problem at the moment for the development of our own application. I have completed the form and received exactly the same mail as Joey. May we have a private chat to know which features are missing in our project?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Mikael