AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

GMB API - Access by one POST command

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Folks, hello Terry ;-)
i was reading many of your posts, but i was not founding what i am searching for.

Steps I have done:
Having  a GMB MyBusiness Page✓
Submitted Form to access the GMB API✓
Got granted✓
Created a Project✓
Created an oAuth2 Token✓

My Programms are running Micorsoft Office (MS EXCEL/ MS Access) VBA and i build some codes, that retrive data from other REST API's. So i can send POST/GET and so on requests.

In other API's i always get the data like this:
URI/params?Param1=[PARAM1]&Param2=[Bla]

So normally it works!
But i am defnitly not sure, how to send the oAuth2 Token(or any other by google suggested way)
through the GMB API, to recive the data.

Was wasting that much time to access the GMB API and trying to fix the API STRING and always got - not authorized.
Please can u give me a hint, how to access the Google API's
by one string ( mostly like Curl) ?

What have to be written into the HTTP HEAD - Must i send JSON Header to recive the Data?
e.g.
https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/$discovery/rest?version=v3
how i have to continue? where and how to set the api-key? which of all my keys is the API key?

Adding something like: https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/$discovery/rest?version=v3&outh2=xxx&pass=blabla  ???

Greetings

Bjoern

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB API - Access by one POST command

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Bjoern T,

We suggest you Get Started by following the Make a simple HTTP request step-by-step guide on the Google Developers site to learn how to use the OAuth 2.0 Playground for accessing location data with the Google My Business API.

If you are building a service account application, please check out this Accepted Solution for setting up a service account application.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team