For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Found many errors in documentation

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've found a number of issues in the documentation that reflect poorly on Google. 

On page: https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/review-data

There is a mispelling of "Locations" as "Locatoins".

There is no specific mention of pagination in the Java API at all until one looks in the source code. I haven't figured out how to get it to paginate yet but some mention of this topic should be required.

The getReviews() method on List, and getAccounts() method both are said to possibly return null in the code, but only the getLocations() example code shows checking for null values. 

I'm still going to use the Java client because it purportedly handles OAuth2 token refreshing, but the documentation of this API gives me low confidence.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Found many errors in documentation

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Dermot H,

You can add the pageSize and pageToken query parameters to the GET request and use the returned nextPageToken field value for returning a paginated list of locations for the specified account or a paginated list of reviews for the specified location. Please check out this thread for a Java code snippet.

Thank you for your input regarding code samples! We will keep a note for your scenario in future improvements.

Thanks,

Terry