AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Filter locations by storeCode

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

After playing around with the setup of the service account, OAuth client ID, G Suite, OAuth Playground I finally managed to connect to the GMB API. 

I've read a few times in post in this Forum that the suggested way to connect to GMB API is using a refresh token, but sometimes that's not possible for unfortunate reasons. It would have been great to have a guide on how to set it up using the service account (even if that's not the recommended way). It could have saved many hours and some frustrations. 

In any case, that's not really the main objective of this message. The main reason is that I would like to ask if it's possible to filter locations by storeCode. I've seen that it's possible to do it location name and categories. But haven't seen anything related to store code. It would be very very useful.

Regards,

Leonardo 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Filter locations by storeCode

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Leonardo F,

Unfortunately, Google My Business API does not filter locations by storeCode at this moment. We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Filter locations by storeCode

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i miss that feature too. We are moving from bulk upload to sync via API and we only know our store codes and not the location id in our client system. Is there any better way than retrieving all of the accounts locations (~2000) and the save the location id in our internal data structure?

Regards,

Lars

Re: Filter locations by storeCode

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Lars S,

You can use the method accounts.locations.list to retrieve all locations of the specific account including account_id, location_id, storeCode. etc. via the Google My Business API and then can save the corresponding location ids in your internal system.

If you have any additional questions for me, please feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to further assist!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team