For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Feature Request: seasonal business hours

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a seasonal organization/business open only certain months out of the year and there's no way to select hours of operation for this type of scenario as the special hours assumes you're only going to be closed one day at a time. Furthermore, there's no way to let people know there might be a separation of hours for the office to be open (office hours) but the organization's operations, like giving tours, is actually closed.

It would be helpful to have more control and options over the hours of operations section that appear on the business page. Also, maybe allow some text to the hours of operation section for notes about the hours.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feature Request: seasonal business hours

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @WCHSIT O

We are aware of your feature request/suggestion regarding seasonal business hours to the Google My Business API.

We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S,

Is this going to be available on the UI as well apart from the API?And also available for international businesses (e.g. located in Greece)?

Kind regards,

Vasilis

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Vasilis K,

​If your business has seasonal hours, use the following guidelines:

• During the season in which you’re open, set hours that reflect the current season's opening hours. You may set special hours for holidays, temporary closures, or other events.
  • When your business is out of season, remove all opening hours, so they appear as unset. Set your opening hours again at the beginning of your next open season.

We suggest you please checkout the guidelines for representing your business on GooglePlease let us know if you have any other questions about Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Shalini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. I for one would appreciate it if you could add a range of dates in the Special Hours that would override our normal hours.

Select a day of the week (ie. Monday) and a range (July 01 - August 31) and set the hours in effect for those days. Is a one-time set-up that can be done in advance, so you don't forget to go in and change your hours both at the beginning and at the end of the seasonal time period.

Any single-date Special Hours entries would still override both the Regular Hours and any Special Hour ranges set.

Thanks.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Anne D,

Yes, you may set special hours for holidays, temporary closures, or other events. You can also update these hours up to one year in advance, so there's no need to wait until, say, the week before. During the season in which you’re open, set hours that reflect the current season's opening hours. We suggest you please checkout the guidelines for representing your business on Google.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team