AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Fake Negative Review posted by seller of Google page placement company

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Donna Paton

Principal Broker

Paton Real Estate LLC

8300 Boone Blvd

Suite 500

Vienna, VA 22182

(703) 749-0004 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Paton+Real+Estate/@38.9171178,-77.2340337,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89...

A few days ago, I received a sales call from MoPro. I listened for a few minutes and told the caller that I am not buying their services at this time. The caller then transferred me to her manager who was very aggressive. I again said I was not buying at this time. He became angry and irate. He raised his voice and said something very rude and hung up the phone.  Maybe two minutes later, I received a 1 star Google review from a fake "Harold Kingstin".  We have never met anyone by this name and a search proves there is no such person in our area.  I knew immediately that this was done by the nasty MoPro salesperson.

Today, I received another call from MoPro from the same salesperson. She said she was calling because she received a call from me asking for better placement on Google!  (Wrong.) I told her that I am not interested. She said she would put her manager on the phone. This time I stopped her and told her what happened. She hung up.

Can someone at Google please remove this 1 star review shown here?

https://business.google.com/u/0/b/100701059286312209271/reviews/l/05917495432184673113/r/14134370447...

Thank you,

Donna Paton

Paton Real Estate, LLC

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Donna P

sorry Donna

but your provided link is of no worth as we can't open it unless being signed is "as you".

But I have an other link to your buisness asit is https://goo.gl/maps/BdwjZUG3oZt 

This link doesn't yet show any reviews at all.

Maybe the scammers have deleted the bad review.

Finally: you should consider to claim the listing through the link I provided you.

YOu will have google supporting you with any issues regarding the actual listing only if 

https://goo.gl/maps/BdwjZUG3oZt is verified - actually it isn't

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I have received a fabricated review on my company Tea Party Castle from another company that I gave a negative review after a terrible experience. (I figured out it was this company after seeing that the reviewer only had 2 reviews, one was the fake review for my company and one was a 5 star review for the company in which she is employed. I then called the company and left her a VM to let her know I know where this review came from and I would appreciate it be removed immediately. Is there any way I can handle this without the reviewer removing it?

Re: Fake Negative Review posted by seller of Google page placement company

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Donna P & @Proud M,

We suggest you please check out this article on how to flag and fix inappropriate reviews.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team