My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Expected properties missing from accounts.locations.reviews.list response for certain locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been working with the new accounts.locations.reviews.list API endpoint, and I've found that in a small number of the locations I'm working with, properties that are supposed to be in the API response according to the documentation are missing. One case is location 16158653233248478397; when I request a list of its reviews, the response contains every documented property with the exception of the "reviews" property. The response looks like this (I have obfuscated the next page token):

{

"averageRating": 4.3000001907348633,

"totalReviewCount": 18,

"nextPageToken": "xxxxx"

}

I tried making a request that included the page token to see if it would return any content, but it returned an identical response (with an identical page token).

Another irregularity I found is that for at least certain locations, the "averageRating" property is missing. This is the case with location 312846143511102100, for example.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Expected properties missing from accounts.locations.reviews.list response for certain locations

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Max C,

We are aware of this issue about being unable to fetch next page of reviews and missing fields in the response body when listing reviews for the specified location. We will update you in a post on this thread once this issue has been fixed. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience!

Thanks,

Terry