My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Error while using GMB API An Error occurred, but the error response could not be deserialize

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

We are using GMB API to control the trading hour update on Google, It was working fine until 11th Feb 2017.

It has started giving error while updating locations info 'Error occurred, but the error response could not be deserialize'

While debugging further I can the exception is occurring at

locationsPatch.Execute();

and I can see the below error message unexpected character encountered while parsing value . < path '' line 0 position 0

Nothing has change from our end,I already tried to update package .

Also added following in config file as suggested on some forum

<uri>
<schemeSettings>
<add name="https" genericUriParserOptions="DontUnescapePathDotsAndSlashes" />
</schemeSettings>
</uri>.

But unfortunately its not solving my issue,

Any advise on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,

Sabir

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error while using GMB API An Error occurred, but the error response could not be deserialize

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Sabir A,

Could you confirm us if you are getting this error only with patch request? Please note, since there are slightly changes in file name for the v3.3 version of the client library, so if you are using the latest version v3.3 of the Google My Business API please make sure you use the correct file name in your code.  

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Re: Error while using GMB API An Error occurred, but the error response could not be deserialize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

I am using V2 , and have not updated the api version.

This was working fine until 11th feb 2017 , It started giving error for all the stores from then.

Thanks,

Sabir

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Sabir A,

If you are still using the v2 of the Google My Business API, we want to inform that this version of the API has been sunsetted on 5 January 2017 as per the DeprecationSchedule and is no longer available. So we highly recommend you migrate your systems to the latest version of the API.

For future updates to the Google My Business API, please subscribe to the official support forum.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team