For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Error: 409 Duplicate request ID. ABORTED

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am creating a location via the Google My Business Api.  When I run in test mode I get no errors, but when I try to create the actual location I get

409 duplicate error.  

The listing address, store code, etc., city, does not exist in the Google My Business Listing for our client.

If you need more information, please send me an email where we can discuss this in confidence.

Thank you,

Jeremy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy M
February 2017

Re: Error: 409 Duplicate request ID. ABORTED

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Jeremy M,

The 409 Duplicate request ID. ABORTED error usually occurs when you create a location with the same requestId and latlng that you have already used in a previously created location in Google My Business API.

When you create a new location, you should check at your end if a location already exists in your account by checking the requestId, locationName and storeCode fields (more Location fields if necessary) of the previously created locations and make sure that the location you are creating is distinct.

However, when detecting duplicate locations via the Google My Business API, you best bet still is to send a GET request to filter results with the location_state.is_duplicate restriction when listing locations. Please note that you should also check for the PlaceID of a verified location because the placeId is unique for every verified location.

For more information about understanding your duplicate locations listing status and how to resolve the situation, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Shalini

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy M
February 2017

Re: Error: 409 Duplicate request ID. ABORTED

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Jeremy M,

The 409 Duplicate request ID. ABORTED error usually occurs when you create a location with the same requestId and latlng that you have already used in a previously created location in Google My Business API.

When you create a new location, you should check at your end if a location already exists in your account by checking the requestId, locationName and storeCode fields (more Location fields if necessary) of the previously created locations and make sure that the location you are creating is distinct.

However, when detecting duplicate locations via the Google My Business API, you best bet still is to send a GET request to filter results with the location_state.is_duplicate restriction when listing locations. Please note that you should also check for the PlaceID of a verified location because the placeId is unique for every verified location.

For more information about understanding your duplicate locations listing status and how to resolve the situation, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Shalini