For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Empty diffMask, but isGoogleUpdated true

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I have the problem that the getGoogleUpdated returns an empty diffMask but   "isGoogleUpdated": true.

I do a GET for this location "accounts/104483313474411485260/locations/3989478348159268494" 

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/104483313474411485260/locations/3989478348159268494:googleUpdated?access_token=<token>

Its the same problem as in this forum post  but there i couldn't find any solution.

So my problem is, which one is true?

In fact I'm trying to update the address, and it seems that it not really works...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Svenia

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Empty diffMask, but isGoogleUpdated true

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Svenia V,

The getGoogleUpdated method indicates whether the place ID associated with this location and has updates. If the isGoogleUpdated is true, diffMask provides a comma-separated list of fully qualified names of fields. We are still looking into the discrepancy here.

When you update the address and you are certain that the address you entered is up to date and contains no extraneous information, and if you are still not able to update your address that typically happens when the system cannot geocode the specified address. You can fix this geocode error by dropping a pin for your business location through the Google My Business UI.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team