3.1K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google answer API request email?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just applied for API access earlier but got an email asking for me to reapply because I didn't submit a working website. The thing is I only need the GMB API to integrate locations extensions on my AdWords application. I have stated this in the application. Also because of this, half the questions are not applicable. I have no intention of allowing users to manage their locations from my app.

I don't want to build a website till I have somewhat finished the application. As locations extensions are a part of AdWords RMF and my feature requires GMB API's accounts.list for the user to get his GMB account id, I cannot complete the application. I have replied to mybusiness-api-request@google.com but I am not sure if it's read by a human.

In the email it is said:

We require a company to have a functional website that showcases a good use case for obtaining the access to the API. Feel free to reapply for API access when your company website is fully developed.

I do have a working demo of the app if that can be used in it's place.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is read by a human. Is there a reason you can't submit a working website. I mean, I think you can have a landing page, at least, and that may be sufficient. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can have a landing page but it would just be built for this application. Then I have to rebuild it all over again when I really want to use it. Which is kind of pointless. I only need the accounts.list functionality.

And they used the term "fully developed."

Hope to get a definitive answer soon. It's been more than 24 hours and they haven't replied.

Re: Does Google answer API request email?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @JC L,

Thank you for your interest in the Google My Business API.

We are currently only granting API access for companies currently managing companies location data through Google My Business.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team