Disturbed service for GMB Api ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For 2 days now, i've got problems when connectiong to the GMB API :

- sometimes it works

- sometimes i got no response (Read timed out after 30s)

- sometimes i got 504 errors with response

{
"code" : 504,
"errors" : [ {
"domain" : "global",
"message" : "Deadline expired before operation could complete.",
"reason" : "backendError"
} ],
"message" : "Deadline expired before operation could complete.",
"status" : "DEADLINE_EXCEEDED"
}

Is there something wrong with GMB API ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm seeing a similar issue, I've even tried to heavily rate limit my requests to see if that resolves the issue To no avail so far.

Re: Disturbed service for GMB Api ?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @visi,

This error usually occurs when web server is unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or for larger more complex requests. Can you confirm us if you are getting errors with certain API calls?

In your case, you most likely exceeded the Usage Limits of 5 queries per second (QPS) per project when making the http requests via the Google My Business API. Please try to limit your API usage to 5 queries per second (QPS) per project when sending requests to avoid this error.

For more information about rate limit restrictions on the Google My Business API, please check out this section in the FAQ.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the complexity question, error occurs with plenty different Api Calls, like listing "accounts" (not really complex), listing locations, getting reviews for a location, getting insights... (more complex)

According to my Google APIs console, i got a limit of 1000 reqs/100s. But according to the documentation of Google My Business API, limit is 5 queries per seconds (so the Google API console is wrong?)

Having parallels and independant threads, this limit is hard to respect, because we can have NO request for 1 hour, then 5 threads requesting at the same time...

I suspect getting "insights" is complex, leading to this error when doing a second request with another thread at the same time. Is it today possible with GMB API to have 2 projects to avoid this problem ? (1 project for getting insights and 1 project for checking/updating locations)

Thanks

N.B.: i don't have any new 504 error for almost 10 hours. I think something was "fixed" on Google side...

Re: Disturbed service for GMB Api ?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @visi,

No, currently we only allow one project to be whitelisted per company to access the Google My Business API. Glad to know that your issue got resolved. Please let us know if this issue recurs and feel free to contact us for any Google My Business API related questions.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @shalini,

Thanks for your support !

Experts in the Topic
Shalini S