For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Determining if the API is right for you

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Access to the Google My Business API is available through a whitelist and is approved on a company by company basis dependent on fit with this API.

The API is designed for developers who are looking to manage a large number of business listings on Google at scale.

Typical API users are tech-savvy and represent:

• large brand business or chains
  • third party agencies offering location management services
  • companies using the AdWords API to manage manual Location Extensions

To see if this API is right for you, please look at the Prerequisites and Get Started guide in the API documentation.

If you decide to apply for access, be sure to review the Policies first as you will need to confirm that you have read and agree to the Policies before you can use the API.

If you are new to Google My Business, you may want to use the Google My Business UI first to familiarize yourself with the product’s capabilities. The Help Center contains a plethora of information and the Google My Business community is here to support you along the way.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Determining if the API is right for you

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

After reading through all the steps above, you can request access to the API through this form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Can you help me wit the API request? We would like to use the API to help users to authenticate to our service with google account so they don't have to register themselves and their shops again. We are not a big brand with lots of shops so we can't go trough the API request form and we are just started to develope the service, so we don't have a company with website. But the login is planned with google SSO so to use the API is important to us.

Thanks, 

Bence

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

Will Google's API allow images and other information (such as descriptions) to be fed from our proprietary CRM to the Google pages of our 55 apartment communities?

Our developers have built integration for most ILSs and our goal is consistency across all platforms; so that whatever images, description, and other details we add or change on our end are also on ILSs and, of course, Google.  Currently the feed is pushed and sites update every 24 hours.

Please let me know.

Thank you! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies - our communities all have Google Business Pages

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Bence S,

Thank you for your interest in the Google My Business API. Our requirements include that you should have a functional website, you can provide a demo of your app upon request.

You can submit the Google My Business API access request when you have a fully-developed working website/application.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Chris G,

If you have your locations claimed in Google My Business, you will be able to use the Google My Business API to update your locations information (including photos) programmatically. We currently do not support a merchant editable description field.

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API team