Guide Me
star_border

Denied access to GMB API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was denied access to GMB API with the below message.

Th

Thank you for your interest in the Google My Business API.

The application is for review management and location management. It's almost completed, the GMB API is an essential piece to completion. We also have customers waiting to use the application. We cannot move forward without access to the API to reply to reviews and edit location data. 

"

We are currently only granting API access to large brand companies or companies working with clients to manage their business location data. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. You have not met our requirements at this time.

However, we will retain your application in the event our guidelines change; no need to re-submit."

Can someone please assist?

Thank you,

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Denied access to GMB API

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Mark J,

We have sent an email to your company (the email address that you mentioned in your access request form) regarding the review outcome of your Google My Business API Application. 

Please do let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API Team

Denied access to GMB API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I got the email; just waiting to be whitelisted. Thank you, Shalini.

Denied access to GMB API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shalini !

We are encoutering the same problem at the moment for the development of our own application. I have completed the form and received exactly the same mail as Mark. May we have a private chat to know which features are missing in our project?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Mikael

Denied access to GMB API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

Hope all is well. After the initial email regarding outcome, I haven't received the whitelist email. Do you know what the timeframe would be to receive that?

Thanks in advance. 

Best,

Mark

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Mark J,

We have sent a confirmation email to your company. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

I received the same email and would appreciate whatever requirements are necessary for approval.

We planned an August 1st production and have our other APIs approved, but missing this key component. 

Thank you,
Griffin

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @Griffin S,

A confirmation email has been sent to your company regarding the Google My Business API access. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API Team

Denied access to GMB API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

We've received a similar response to our GMB API access request. We've been doing private beta testing of our product over the past few weeks, and have been gearing up for a full product launch on November 1st. A critical part of our application is to allow our clients to view and respond to GMB reviews from within our web-based console, as well as receive review notifications. Our current beta version uses the Places API to get a sample of reviews, but is not sufficient for our product goals. We were counting on GMB API access.

Can you please email us with some more details about what feature requirements we must have to get access?

Thanks!

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi @Shahzad M,

We will reach out to you separately for more information.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team