For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Deadline expired before operation could complete. [504]

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The service mybusiness has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError Deadline expired before operation could complete. [504] Errors [ Message[Deadline expired before operation could complete.] Location[ - ] Reason[backendError] Domain[global] ]

Is there way to increase Timeout in class library ? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deadline expired before operation could complete. [504]

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @ICE P,

To avoid getting the 504 Gateway Timeout error, It’s best practice to always use a fieldMask in your PATCH request for updating a location, limiting the update to specific fields and preserving other unspecified location data.

Additionally, please limit the API calls usage of your project to 5 Queries Per Second (QPS) to help prevent timeout errors.

For more information about rate limit restrictions on the Google My Business API, please check out this section in the FAQ.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Deadline expired before operation could complete. [504]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google_container_cluster.primary: googleapi: Error 504: Deadline expired before operation could complete

Re: Deadline expired before operation could complete. [504]

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Mohan R,

After looking at the code you provided in your post, I think you are not using the Google My Business API. Please confirm which Google API you are using when getting 504 error “deadline expired before operation could complete”?

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team