Guide Me
star_border

Creating Posts on GMB using API

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I am new to the community and we got access to GMB API recently. We want to know if GMB API provides the ability to post, modify and delete "Posts" (the new feature that was introduced recently).

Thanks

mKonnekt

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating Posts on GMB using API

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @mKonnekt D,

If your question is regarding the reviews, the Google My Business API doesn’t currently allow to create, update and delete the reviews. You can just update a reply to the specified review (or creates a new reply if one doesn't exist) and delete a review reply using the Google My Business API.

We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API team

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I’m a bit confused by this answer. It seems the original poster was asking about the new posting feature recently announced for google my business, but your answer was in regards to reviews. Can you please clarify? If this functionality is not currently in the API, do you know if Google is planning on adding it?

Thank you!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @mKonnekt D & @Alex K,

No, the Google My Business API doesn’t currently support this feature. We are working to make this feature available in the API sometime in the future. While there is no bulk posting functionality in the GMB UI, large merchants and third parties can use this feature today to publish posts on individual listings via the Google My Business UI (using the card view).

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

GMB Posts via API are not available yet.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the answer Shalini. Do you have any idea of a rough time table as to when this is expected to be added to the API? Is this something we could see this year? Or later than that?

Thank you!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Alex K,

We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is now available via V4 of the API

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google, please confirm!