3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Create a link for customers to write reviews - Google Places API - Doesn't Show Business Name

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have my business address verified. It DOES shows up on google maps with the business name, logo, website, telephone number, address, etc..

I want to create a link for customers to write reviews. I'm following the instructions on the google page https://support.google.com/business/answer/7035772

It instructs you to go to the Google Places API https://developers.google.com/places/place-id

1. Go to the Google Places API
  2. Enter your business information in the “Enter a location” field at the top of the map.
  3. Click your business name in the list that appears. 
  4. Your Place ID will appear on the map, beneath your business name

When I enter my business information it doesn't show my business. I know my business is verified and it does show up on google maps with the business name and all the other info.

Why doesn't it show my business name so I can get the Place ID?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rich T
April

Create a link for customers to write reviews - Google Places API - Doesn't Show Business Name

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Managed to get someone from google chat to sort it out :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need the same question answered.  Thanks!

Re: Create a link for customers to write reviews - Google Places API - Doesn't Show Business Name

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Kyle H,

If you have any questions related to the Google Places API, please find support on the Google Places API Community and Support page.

Thanks,

Shalini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you give a specific link, where someone can help? I find no help on that link.

Thank you very much

Anders

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I am having the same issue and having trouble finding answers on the link you sent. Is there a specific link?

Thank you for your time,

Jonah

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonah S & @Anders Kargaard J

the link provided by @Shalini S works in 90-95%  of all according requests.

But not in all cases:

Generally excluded ar IMO Service Area businesses with "hidden address" (it's reasonable IMHO)

and there are per my knowledge about 5%  of listings where Shalinis procedure doesn't work.

I reported this last Summer to Google - not getting any good answer and solution.

(FYI @Shalini S  here the link to my older Thread  in this forum)

I meanwhile figured out a work around for the most affected 5% listing where the link of Shalini doesn't work.

@Anders Kargaard J & @Jonah S

I offer you trying to apply my workaround to figure out your placeID and the review gathering link.

To do this I need  a working GMaps Link to your listings.

I bet I can provide you then the PlaceID

FYI    @Joel H 

For @Jonah S & @Anders Kargaard J:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having the same issues where i am unable to locate my business. @Helmut Geissler How do you find the GMaps link?

Re: Create a link for customers to write reviews - Google Places API - Doesn't Show Business Name

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Tai T

I supposed we are talking here about verified GoogleMyBusiness listings.

For those you will find in your dashbaord a link to GMaps.

But you can also just search in GMaps fro your business at its address and provide me then here the GMaps link of that search

Or last but not least

please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link if applicable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear . @Helmut Geissler

That would be awesome, thank you very much!

My Google Maps link is:
https://www.google.com/maps?cid=1725098612262766087&hl=en&authuser=3&_ga=1.117733257.1434966647.1490...

Kind regards
Anders

Experts in the Topic
Helmut Geissler
Shalini S