For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Correct/remove outdated stores registered in the past by other parties

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We have been able to add some stores to the unverified list by using the API. There are some stores listed in the "Matches found" section in the GUI since they match with existing stores which were already registered by someone else. These "matches found" cases can be detected by the owner when the owner adds correct location data.

We have an issue as follows. Our customer is an owner of a chain store. Some stores which have already been registered by other parties contain outdated information (e.g. due to location change, store closure). These stores do not appear in the "matches found" list since we only add latest locations. Could you please let us know how to obtained the list of stores which was registered by other parties, so that the owner can correct the information with updated information?

Thank you very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Correct/remove outdated stores registered in the past by other parties

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Haguen T,

You must verify your business listing to manage your business information on Google My Business and need to claim Google My Business listing before you can start the verification process. If you found that someone else has verified the business then ask your customer to, try using different email address, contact the current listing owner or contact the current listing owner through Google My Business to get access of their locations.

Once you get verified your locations, you can updates one or more fields for the specified location by sending a PATCH request. You can edit the address for your business or drop a pin for the geocoding information of your business location through the Google My Business UI.

Thanks,

Shalini