AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Console on agency email but API use on client website?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for an agency and have already set up Developer Console with a new project. We would like to help the client set up their backend so that when they update locations info, the info is pushed to the GMB API.

Is it possible to use an agency-domain email address to register for API use on a client domain website?

Or do we have to register for API use with the domain website?

I tried to register with the provided form but it wouldn't allow me to complete because I do not have the same domain on my email address as the client site.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Console on agency email but API use on client website?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The agency can add you as a manager on their GMB listing

Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am in the agency. I am now a manager on the GMB listing and have reapplied, so will see how it comes back.

This point I believe will still cause me troubles: "Enter email address associated with the same domain as your company website. "
Since I am working in/for the agency, my literal company is the agency. However the company website that we wish to manage locations for is the client's company website, and I do not have an email address on that domain.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is the way we have been doing it, where i work.
My company has GMB api access.
A client invites us to manage their GMB listings.
Once we accept, we can view the and update client's information using our GMB Access Oauth.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Mikal M,

As an agency, you should request Google My Business API access as your company, then access your client’s data by either having them add your Google Account as a manager on their Business Accounts, or having them authorize access through the OAuth 2.0 installed application process, then retaining their refresh token to generate additional auth tokens.

To understand how Agencies/Third-Parties work with GMB API, please checkout this section of FAQ.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team