Guide Me
star_border

Connect My Business API with Google Docs or Data Studio for Insights

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey there,

is there any way to connect the GMB Insights with Google Docs or Google Data Studio? We are taking care of a large number of costumers who would like to see whats going on on there GMB-Profile - but currently we can only take Screenshots from the Insights Overview - which is a bit annoying.

Unfortunately I am not a big coder - with that said thanks for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shalini S (Google Employee)
September

Re: Connect My Business API with Google Docs or Data Studio for Insights

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @Anastasia V,

Thank you for your input regarding the report insights! We will keep a note for your scenario in future improvements.

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API team

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Frian O,

Unfortunately the Google My Business API doesn’t currently support this feature. We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm at day 0 of the investigation but as a work around I was looking at GmB API -> Google Sheets -> Data Studio. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So its possible to get the data via API into GoogleSheets and then to Data Studio? Thanks for your reply!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed! It would be useful to have a local dashboard for many of my clients as well.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Jarron M & @Frian O,

We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was able to download insights from GMB into Excel file, then transferred data to the Google Sheets, and then build the report in Data Studio. I think this is the only way, for now, the way to automate reporting for over a 100 of our clients.

During the report building and playing with the data I have found that:

1. many metrics are named differently (from what we can see in individual client GMB Insights),

2. also the bulk download there is missing data for "Photo views" how many times client's photos have been viewed, compared with Business like you,

3. when data downloaded through the "Download Insights" (at the main page) the data we are receiving we can't see how many visits, views, phone calls, etc. happened on the Day of the month,

4. as well I faced with the limitation in Data Studio on number of Metrics we can add to the report (max. 10), it is not enough if I would like to show client data by the number of phone calls happened during the time of the day,

5. There is no opportunity to add Company information, like how many total followers, posts, visits, searches happened per last month and overall,

6. It is not convenient to download 3 or even 4 different spreadsheets (Discovery insights, Photos, Phone Calls & Locations).

If Google My Business API team can take my comments into consideration for the development, would be great!

Thank you!

Here is the screenshot of the report I was able to generate: Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 4.42.38 PM.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shalini S (Google Employee)
September

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @Anastasia V,

Thank you for your input regarding the report insights! We will keep a note for your scenario in future improvements.

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Frian,

I agree that the only possibility now is to add all of your clients insights from GMB into Google Sheets and then add a bunch of filters so that you can filter them by client (if you're creating multiple reports for different clients like I am).  It would be a lot easier if they allowed you to pick what comparison data you would like to compare to as well, because even though I have sort of found a way to integrate the GMB insight data into my reports, it looks unprofessional to have either "No Data" or "No Data From..." under the metric.  Unless I am overlooking something and there is actually a way to do that, in which case I would very much appreciate someone helping me to go about that!

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Very hopeful we will be able to connect Google My Business (GMB) Insights to Data Studio soon!