For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Can't locate places ID

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I can't seem to find my business in the "Place ID Finder" and need to get my place id. The business is on Google maps and has a physical location. Here is the link to the place. I read some answers of other ways to get it, but just couldn't figure it out. Besides that, is there a reason it wouldn't pull up in the place id finder?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Reliable%20Pool%20Care%20Service%20&%20Repairs&ludocid=0x872b746ffff...

Dustin V. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't locate places ID

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I checked your bsuiness with place finder and place finder is not able to find your place-Id

But I'm proud being able to tell you there is a very secret trick (not to say a special hack as I figured out a while ago and applied in the past for very few other businesses)
Using this secret trick I was able to figure out your place ID as "ChIJ_____290K4cRCkjIwmAaM1o" (of course without the quotes)

Try this link to see its indeed your place id
http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJ_____290K4cRCkjIwmAaM1o

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Dustin V,

If your business doesn’t show up in the PlaceID Finder, you can try the Nearby Search Requests method.

The link you provided in your post is for Google Search. I can’t help you any further unless you provide the link of your business location on Google Maps.

We recommend that you find support on the Google Places API Community and Support page and file a bug as the documentation suggests if you are not able to find an answer to your question.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Search your code first then map.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Dustin V

Hi @Dustin V

Regarding the answer @Terry W gave here I would like to hint you on a thread I started a month ago "placeid issue for a certain business"

Googler @Yash S from the GMB API team gave me almost the same answer as yo got from Terry here.

So I went to the place Id developer community (reference to a post at stackoverflow

But unfortunately noone gave any explanation or help over there why in this other case we did not get the place ID.

Hello Dustin, In case you would follow Terry's hint and go to the Places API community and will get there any answer I verry much would like to get either here or in my post at stackoverflow any feedback about your findings why in your case we can't get on a normal way your place ID.

Thanks in advance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I was able to use the ID you located on my business in shortcode to place on my website. It doesn't have the exact same look as the Google reviews plugin, but will work for now until I can figure out why it doesn't come up in the place id finder. I appreciate the help on this topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No problems its my pledge to help others.