My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Can i get My Business java libraries from Maven central repository?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the documentation google suggesting to download the jars from https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/set-up-java-client location. But are they available on Maven central repository too? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karthik D
June 2016

Re: Can i get My Business java libraries from Maven central repository?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Karthik D & @Andrew S,

Because the Google My Business API is only available to whitelisted partners, we are currently unable to host the client libraries on a publicly accessible platform such as the Maven Central Repository.

Getting the Google My Business API on Maven and other package repository systems for whitelisted users is a feature request we’re definitely aware of. We don’t currently have a timetable on when this will be available, but, as always, stay tuned to this forum and the Developers site for product updates.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Karthik D,

No, you can’t find the Java client library JAR file for the Google My Business API on Maven Central Repository. The Java client library JAR file is only available on the Downloads and Samples page of the documentation website.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Terry for the information, But can i know the reason for not publishing into Maven Central? which makes our build/distribution simple.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Given they're still only publishing snapshots for download (latest is v3-rev0-1.22.0-SNAPSHOT) I would hope eventually they will get to final version that will get pushed to maven.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karthik D
June 2016

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Karthik D & @Andrew S,

Because the Google My Business API is only available to whitelisted partners, we are currently unable to host the client libraries on a publicly accessible platform such as the Maven Central Repository.

Getting the Google My Business API on Maven and other package repository systems for whitelisted users is a feature request we’re definitely aware of. We don’t currently have a timetable on when this will be available, but, as always, stay tuned to this forum and the Developers site for product updates.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the Information Terry.