Guide Me
star_border

Can a verified store be temporarily/permanently closed using GMB API

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I understood that only non-verified stores can be deleted from GMB API and there is no way to delete a  verified store using GMB API.

Can I close a verified store temporarily or permanenlty using GMB API as I definetly do not want to manually close/delete a store from UI.

Or kindly provide any suggestions on how to close/delete an already verified store using GMB API

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anumula b
August 2016

Re: Can a verified store be temporarily/permanently closed using GMB API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Yes, you can use the Google My Business API to mark a verified or non-verified location as “OPEN” or “CLOSED_PERMANENTLY” by setting the OpenInfo object with the according status in the Location object. You can only use the Google My Business UI to delete a verified location.

For more information about marking a business permanently closed in the UI, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

For more information about removing a location from your account in the UI, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Terry

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Terry W,

Thanks for the solution. I can close a store programatically using GMB API by changing OpenInfo status to "CLOSED_PERMANENTLY".

However, I could close for the existing locations, but I am unable to do this for a new location that are to be created. Cant we create a location with status as "CLOSED_PERMANENTLY"?

Also, I need to check the status of the locations whether it is verified or not. In documentation I could see that LocationState contains a paramter "IsVerified" to know the location is verified or not. But, in my package I do bot have this boolean parameter in LocationState object. How to know the status now?

Thanks and Regards,
Bharath

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Similar to the Google My Business UI, you can’t create a new location and mark it as “CLOSED_PERMANENTLY” at the same time. The OpenInfo object specifies that all locations are open by default, unless updated to be closed.

You can determine the verified state of a location by checking the isVerified boolean field value of the LocationState object in the Location object through the API. If you can’t find the isVerified boolean field in your location, that location is not verified.

Thanks,

Terry

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Terry W,

Many thanks for your replies. You explanations helped me to understand these functionalities in a better way.

Thanks and Regards,
Bharath