My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use the Google My Business API to show location info on my website and in my mobile app?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I spent time using the Google My Business (GMB) website to update information for my 50+ locations.  After reading the FAQ, it sounds like the GMB API is geared towards administration of business location information.  Can I also use the GMB API as a read only data source for displaying location information on my website and in my mobile app?  If not, is there a better way for me to dynamically query and display my GMB location info on my website or in my mobile app?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clinical Labs of Hawaii
July 2016

Re: Can I use the Google My Business API to show location info on my website and in my mobile app?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Clinical Labs of Hawaii,

Yes, you can use Google My Business API as a read only data source for displaying your business locations information on your website and in your mobile app, if you are granted access to the API.

The Google My Business API is for businesses owners or authorized representatives who manage verified business data using Google My Business accounts. Access to the API is granted via whitelisting to businesses that meet minimum application feature requirements and product guidelines.

Hope this helps clarify the use of the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Can I use the Google My Business API to show location info on my website and in my mobile app?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where does one find these "minimum application feature requirements and product guidelines?"

Re: Can I use the Google My Business API to show location info on my website and in my mobile app?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Josh H,

We have sent an email to your company for more information about the Google My Business API use case. Please reply directly to that email and do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S,

Could you also send me more information about GMB API use case?

Thank you!