3.5K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Business API returning inconsistent result

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The Google My business API returning inconsistent result for review list.

accounts.locations.reviews.list

https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/v3/accounts.locations.reviews/list

Above API is returning inconsistent  result of review some time returning only 2 reviews and some time more reviews.

Same issue observe in Google Map as well there is also revieware inconsitent

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Sprinklr/@38.9064194,-77.0525681,17z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x89b7b7b67...

Load this url 4- 5 time and you can see the random result

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are also facing the same issue. The API returns all the 14 reviews on our page, sometimes it returns only 2 reviews. We tried with new accessToken for each and every request, but no positive result. Kindly look into it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Good news is that the web UI and the API are consistent? 

I can't seem to reproduce your issue, however. I consistently see 14 reviews on the location you've linked. Perhaps Google had a temporary outage from the data center serving some of the reviews to that listing. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Re: Business API returning inconsistent result

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Hariom P & @Santosh G,

We are aware of some failures with pageToken of reviews.list method when fetching the list of reviews for a specified location in Google My Business API. We will update you in this thread once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Shalini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are also facing exactly the same issue. Sometimes API returns all the reviews and sometimes it just returns some of the reviews. Mainly, this is happening for offline access. For online access, it seems to be working fine.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Sprinklr/@38.9064194,-77.0525681,17z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x89b7b7b67...

for above URL count always show 14 review but when you see the reviews list on page and count it manually there were mismatch 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shalini,

Can you please let us know the bug fix ETA, if its possible from your side for the above issue. According to me earlier, On a scale of 10, i can say 8 times or say full 10 times it was giving perfect count, it was like say occasionally it happened to be wrong. But what i noticed from previous couple of hours that its consistently giving us wrong result. We got 98 reviews but what i get now is 3, i am requesting you a time frame as we need to convey the same further. We are just waiting to go live on our dashboard and this thing happened.

If its unable to convey a ETA its fine too, but if its possible than it 'd be good.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

API not failing but giving inconsistent result.Some time rerun 2 reviews some time return 14 review in JSON reviewList node

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi @tushar r & @Rahul A

Unfortunately there are no updates for this issue right now. Our team is looking into this and trying to fix as soon as possible. Thank you for your inquiry and patience!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

Is there any progress on the inconsistent reviews been pulled using GMB API?

I am a developer and have implemented the GMB API v3.0. The API pulls inconsistent reviews records for some while pulling correct reviews for other at one time and the next time its something different . Any update on this ?

Thanks 

Asad Ullah