Guide Me
star_border

Behavior when GMB API limits are exceeded

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I've seen Usage Limits for Google My Business API, but I cannot find any details about API behavior when limits are exceeded. All I need is to be 100% sure that I was not able to get data via API because of usage limits, but not because of something else. What response will I get? Will I have different responses if different limits are exceeded (for example, QPS vs QPD)?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Behavior when GMB API limits are exceeded

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Mykola M,

When you exceeded the usage limit, it usually gives errors like ‘Insufficient tokens for quota group’ or RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED when using the Google My Business API. Unfortunately we currently don’t have a list of all different responses if different limits are exceeded.

Please feel free to contact us for any Google My Business API related questions.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Behavior when GMB API limits are exceeded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S, thank you for your answer.

So I expect to get an error response with RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED code and 'Insufficient tokens for quota group' message, right? Also I don't see RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED in error codes list? So if I understood it correctly, the code mentioned should be enough (for now) for me to detect that at least one usage limit was exceeded.

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mykola M
February

Re: Behavior when GMB API limits are exceeded

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Mykola M,

Yes, these errors reported by the users when they exceeded the usage limit.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team