For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Address validation failure on correct address

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I'm hoping you can investigate the following request that is failing even though the address is correct:

REQUEST:

{languageCode=en-US,

location={address={addressLines=[6541 Edwards Ln], administrativeArea=VA, country=US, locality=Port Republic, postalCode=24471},

labels=[cust_xxx, camp_xxx],

locationName=Edwards & Sons,

primaryCategory={name=Software Company},

websiteUrl=www.edwardsandsonsva.com/},

requestId=fe891417-fe9b-407c-9d7d-478fab453a06}

RESPONSE:

com.google.api.client.googleapis.json.GoogleJsonResponseException: 400 Bad Request

{

"code" : 400,

"message" : "Request contains an invalid argument.",

"status" : "INVALID_ARGUMENT",

"details" : [ {

"@type" : "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v2.ValidationError",

"errorDetails" : [ {

"code" : 1100,

"field" : "location.address.country",

"message" : "We cannot locate the specified address. Please verify it is correct and/or drag the marker pin on the provided map to the correct location."

} ]

} ]

}

I'm also having a problem with this address:  1 Wireless Way Suite 100 Parkersburg WV 26101

It appears that Google does not recognize Wireless Way as a real street, but I've validated it with the USPS and the address is indeed valid, located at these coordinates 39.261341, -81.618256

Thanks

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Address validation failure on correct address

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Andrew S,

Thank you for reporting these geocoding issues to us! We will notify you on this thread when these issues have been fixed.

The 400 Bad Request error with the message "We cannot locate the specified address. Please verify it is correct and/or drag the marker pin on the provided map to the correct location." typically happens when the system cannot geocode the specified address. You will need to provide the correct latitude and longitude of the location. The Google My Business API supports providing latitude/longitude values in a LatLng object only for creating a new location to fix this error. Please note that the latlng field is read-only and cannot be updated.

If you have already created the location and you are sending a PATCH request to update the location via the API, please use a fieldMask and confirm that the fieldMask does not include address and latlng. You can fix this geocode error through the Google My Business UI. Please read this article that includes the description of this specific error message and what you can do to fix this error and activate your listing.

Thanks,

Terry

Re: Address validation failure on correct address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thanks, I'll try the long lat.