For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Add the same store information twice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Could you please explain what happen when adding (e.g. by mistake) the same location twice? Will both of them appear on the map?

We are checking input data to make sure that there will not be duplicates in any data set however there could be similar data contained in other data sets.

Regards,

Hagu

2 Expert replyverified_user

Add the same store information twice

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ha Nguyen T

it very hard to predict as it depends on many cirumstances.

Can you please be bit more concrete?

Re: Add the same store information twice

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Ha Nguyen T,

If you add a location that’s already been verified in Google My Business, it won’t appear on Google Maps and will be marked as a “Duplicate location” in your account. If you verified the original location, you can remove the duplicate location by following these steps.

It’s best practice to supply a unique request ID (UUIDs are recommended) for the server to detect duplicated requests when you are creating a new location via the Google My Business API. It helps prevent duplicate locations from being created in your account. Any attempt to create a location where the request ID matches a previously created location simply returns the existing location, and avoids creating a duplicate in your account.

For more information about understanding your duplicate locations listing status and how to resolve the situation, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Shalini