For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Access to Google My Business API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been reading and trying to get access to the Google My Business API. Documentation on the overall API is great. I use several google API's and have never had an issue or lack of information on how to get things to work. However with the Google My Business API seems to be lacking in clarity on how access to the Google My Business API works exactly. 

Following all the steps on the getting started page: https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/get-started  

ends with a Response HTTP/1.1 302 Found, not the 200 OK as stated in the documentation. Then when you try to make requests you have errors "Available operations: Unfortunately no listed API operations were found for your access token." 

also..

"Google My Business API has not been used in project mrah-15**23 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/mybusiness.googleapis.com/overview?project=mrah-15892... then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.", 

"code": 403,

From my reading there seems to be some additional steps, that are not listed in the getting started page, such as submission for approval.

Any additional help would be great, I'm just trying to get some google reviews on our web site.

Thanks,

Nate Bro

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to Google My Business API

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Nate B,

The issue you mentioned in your post indicates that, your company doesn’t have a whitelisted project to access the Google My Business API. If your company is planning on using the Google My Business API, you need to submit the whitelist application form to have access of the Google My Business API. When submitting your request, please be sure to provide a requester with email address within your company and answer all questions accurately and in as much detail as possible.

Note that, we are currently only targeting tech-savvy chains and third parties which manage Google My Business data for access to the API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. Please check out the Prerequisites page of our Google Developers site to learn more about requesting access to the API.

Thanks,

Shalini