For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

API v3 now available!

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Today we’re happy to announce the launch of Google My Business API v3!

The GMB API makes it easy for large businesses and third parties to integrate their application with the Google My Business platform and push updates to customers searching for them on Google Search & Maps.

With the launch of v3, we’ve added support for more of the great features of Google My Business, allowing users to :

• Read and respond to Google reviews
  • Provide attribute data* for their locations (e.g. restaurants will be able to tell us if they accept reservations, serve brunch, have outdoor seating, etc)
  • Search/Filter locations by listing state (Google updates, suspended, duplicate)
  • Provide Place ID at location creation time to better match locations to features on Maps. Additionally for unverified locations you can find and manually associate existing maps locations with your business location
  • Transfer locations between personal & business accounts
  • Indicate which photo you'd prefer to show up first in Google Maps and Search.
  • Read additional location states (is verified, and needs re-verification)

*Note about attributes: Attributes may not show up on Google surfaces like Maps and Search immediately. However, providing these attributes will help Google develop future local search experiences and better understand your business. We’re currently working on building consumer experiences around these additional attributes, and you can expect some attributes to start showing on Google soon.

Full documentation for this release can be found at:

https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/index

v2 of the API will continue to be supported until Oct 5th 2016. We will notify you again in advance of this deprecation. As a reminder, v1 will be sunset on June 1st.

Please contact both the business and technical teams you are working with to integrate the GMB API to review our Policies again as it contains new and updated sections that outline your company’s responsibilities to be compliant with our policies.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API Team

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: API v3 now available!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great stuff guys! Congrats on the huge release. Been a long time coming. Looking forward to seeing our clients send more location data and responding to reviews through our platform from today.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Definitely an interesting release!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello There,

I submitted an application for GMB API more than one month ago and i didn't receive any feedback.

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Mohamed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is huge! I am really excited to use this API.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any information on pulling insights from Google MyBusiness listings? Website clicks, phone clicks and direction clicks per location would be incredible to grab via API. Very needed today.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I'm also awaiting an outcome for API access, could someone send me an email? It has been past the stated 2 weeks.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

For those of you who applied for API access and haven’t heard back yet, you will receive a message this week regarding the outcome of our review of your application. The message will be sent to the contact that was listed in the application form. Thanks for your patience!

The Google My Business API team

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi @Andy W,

Access to insights for local businesses is not currently supported by the Google My Business API. We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this board and the API documentation website. Please stay tuned for updates and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Terry

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, so the PHP library didn't support detailed error messages yet?