For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

API reports Open, however Maps shows Permanently Closed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This place is showing on Google Maps as permanently closed.  It is in our bulk verified account and the business is physically operating.

GMB API details:

name = accounts/106528522125236383835/locations/6508572445801799939",
Shows: openInfo:"status" = "OPEN"

Why is the API giving the incorrect status?

:: Update +1 day later ::

The place is now active on Google Maps, which is great.  When calling the GMB API, the only field that is changed is: isGoogleUpdated when is now equal to null, it was previously true.

2 Expert replyverified_user

API reports Open, however Maps shows Permanently Closed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@David R

actually it isn't shown as permanently closed any more

Re: API reports Open, however Maps shows Permanently Closed

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @David R,

Google uses information from a variety of sources—including user reports and licensed content—to make sure that locations on Google stay as accurate as possible. Sometimes the information business owners provide is reported as incorrect or outdated. If your locations are updated by Google, you’ll see them listed with a “Google updates” status. You should review the locations to accept, discard, or edit the Google updates if you have the “Google updates” listing status.

You can send a GET request to the :googleUpdated endpoint via the Google My Business API to retrieve the Google updated version of the specified verified location if a location is updated by Google, as indicated by the isGoogleUpdated boolean field in the LocationState object. The diffMask field in the response body of this request indicates the fields that Google updated for the specified location. You can override the Google updated version of the specified location by making further edits to the location with a PATCH API call via the API. Please make sure that the updated business information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.

Thanks,

Terry