My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

API application: Maps Listing for online agency?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

After submitting the GMB API whitelist application, we received an email response requiring us to resubmit for 3 reasons, two of which we easily resolved, but the third one we can't quite figure out: 

The following field was missing from your previous submission:

• Company HQ’s Google Maps Listing URL

I can't remember for sure, but I think I typed something like "None.  Online-only business." in that field.  We're an online-only AdWords agency with no physical HQ.  Of course, we have a home address that is used for tax and licensing purposes, but we don't have a maps listing.  GMB Help says: "online-only businesses should create a brand page instead of a Google My Business listing", and brand pages don't get maps listings - right?

What are we supposed to do?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author cotton9
August 2016

Re: API application: Maps Listing for online agency?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @cotton9,

The Company HQ’s Google Maps Listing URL field in the access request form should be the URL of your business on Google Maps. You’re correct that according to our guidelines, online-only businesses should create a brand page instead of a Google My Business listing. Brand pages must follow the Google+ page content guidelines. In that case, you can leave this field blank if your online-only business is not found on Google Maps when you re-submit the access request form. For your application resubmission, please be advised that you should be sure to provide a requester within your company that has the email address domain matching your company website domain instead of an @gmail.com email address. Please also make sure that you provide a company website that’s valid and functional.

Thanks,

Terry

Re: API application: Maps Listing for online agency?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Got it. Thanks for the clarification about leaving it blank.