For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

404 on MyBusiness ListAccounts endpoint

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I use the Google Client library with the Google My Business Service, I get this error on the accounts->listAccounts() method.

Google_Service_Exception: { "error": { "code": 404, "message": "Method ListAccounts not found for service mybusiness.googleapis.com", "errors": [ { "message": "Method ListAccounts not found for service mybusiness.googleapis.com", "domain": "global", "reason": "notFound" } ], "status": "NOT_FOUND" } }

It seems that something isn't set up correctly, but I can't figure out why. The project name in my credentials.json (which is imported by Google_Client) is the same as the project where I've generated the client id and secret, and on which the Business API is enabled. What is going wrong here? I can't figure it out.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 404 on MyBusiness ListAccounts endpoint

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Jaap K,

The 404 Method not found error typically happens when you are using a different Project ID from the one we whitelisted for your company to access the Google My Business API.

We’ll reach out to you privately on a separate thread for more details.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have the same problem with my project. I tried the API with google OAuth Playground & here are the results.

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/

{

"error": {

"status": "NOT_FOUND",

"message": "Method ListAccounts not found for service mybusiness.googleapis.com",

"code": 404

}
}

Please note the API works for the developer who uses a different project ID.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Liam P,

The 404 Method not found error typically happens when you are using a different Project ID from the one we whitelisted for your company to access the Google My Business API. We have sent you an email for more details.

Thanks,

404 on MyBusiness ListAccounts endpoint

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @shalini

I'm having the same issue.  I believe my project has been whitelisted for the Google My Business API - it shows up in the dashboard under the enabled APIs, and I'm able to generate oauth tokens for the scope, but when I submit the 'List Accounts' request, I get a 404 error.

Request:

GET https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts

Response:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 404,
    "message": "Method ListAccounts not found for service mybusiness.googleapis.com",
    "status": "NOT_FOUND"
  }
}

Is there something else that needs to be turned on for this to work?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Sam D

The 404 Method not found error typically happens when you are using a different Project ID from the one we whitelisted for your company to access the Google My Business API.

We’ll reach out to you privately in a separate email thread for more details.

Thanks,