For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

404 error when listing accounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting a 404 error while trying to list accounts using the Oauth playground.

{
  "error": {
    "status": "NOT_FOUND",
    "message": "Method not found.",
    "code": 404

}

}

Our project has been white listed and business API is enabled. I am not sure how to proceed further .Please advise on this issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Publix A
January 2017

Re: 404 error when listing accounts

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Publix A,

The 404 Method not found error typically happens when you are using a different Project ID from the one we whitelisted for your company to access the Google My Business API.

We’ll reach out to you privately on a separate thread for more details.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Publix A
January 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Publix A,

The 404 Method not found error typically happens when you are using a different Project ID from the one we whitelisted for your company to access the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - I am hoping you can help.  I am trying to go into my account to change the photos and update my Google Business page but it is stating Error 404. Can you please help?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Penny C,

Thanks,

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am having the same issue while trying to do a GET request on https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v4/accounts. Here is the Google My Business API response:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 404,
    "message": "Method not found.",
    "status": "NOT_FOUND"
  }
}

Can you help me please?

Note that I am using a valid OAuth token in the Authorization header, with the value of "Bearer <my_token_here>".

We also tried to call the Discovery API without success. Here is the failure message:

API_KEY = 'AIzaS*******zgNs'
>>> discovery.build('mybusiness', 'v4', developerKey=API_KEY)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/david/socialease/git/socialease/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/_helpers.py", line 130, in positional_wrapper
return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/david/socialease/git/socialease/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/discovery.py", line 230, in build
raise e
File "/home/david/socialease/git/socialease/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/discovery.py", line 222, in build
requested_url, discovery_http, cache_discovery, cache)
File "/home/david/socialease/git/socialease/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/discovery.py", line 272, in _retrieve_discovery_doc
raise HttpError(resp, content, uri=actual_url)
googleapiclient.errors.HttpError: <HttpError 403 when requesting https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/$discovery/rest?version=v4 returned "The request is missing a valid API key.">

Notre that we have activated the Google My Business API on our developer console. Do we need to put the CLIENT ID, CLIENT SECRET or PROJECT ID on a header of each request to the Google My Business API? I can't find any information about that on all the Google documentation.

Best regards,

Michaël Fischer.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Michaël F,

Looks like our team has already reached out to you via email regarding this issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

Shalini