My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

404-Method not found issue while GMB API setup even after the project is whitelisted

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I tried to make a simple HTTP request using OAuth 2.0 Playground using the steps mentioned in the below link:

https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/get-started

I could get the access token successfully, but later when I tried to send the request in OAuthPlayground- it resulted to ‘404 – Method Not Found’ error.

We have faced the similar issue previously and raised the same in GMB forum. I received reply for that saying – ‘ you have created a new project to access the Google My Business API and that project need to whitelisted before using it’. 

But in the current scenario, we have already whitelisted the project, but still I am facing the ‘404-Method Not Found’ issue. Kindly let me know if I need to correct anything. Below are the details:

Client ID used in OAuth Playground : < Text has been removed to protect private information >
Project ID: < Text has been removed to protect private information >
Project Number: < Text has been removed to protect private information >
Email ID: < Text has been removed to protect private information >

Kindly let me know if any additional information is needed. For any other further communication in personal, please mail to '< Text has been removed to protect private information >'

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 404-Method not found issue while GMB API setup even after the project is whitelisted

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. Any resolution to this? My project is also whitelisted and I'm able to successfully generate an access token but when I make a call to https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/?access_token=< Text has been removed to protect priva... I get the 404 - Method not Found Error.

Sanju

Re: 404-Method not found issue while GMB API setup even after the project is whitelisted

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b and @Sanju A,

We are working on the issue with the 404 Method not found error you reported for the Google My Business API and will follow up with a response when the issue is fixed. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b and @Sanju A,

The issue with the 404 Method not found error when accessing the Google My Business API should now be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience and please report back to us if you find any other related issues.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @yash s,

I still get the same '404 Method Not Found' error. Can you kindly look into it.

I have replied to a seperate mail "< Text has been removed to protect private information >
' where I cleary mentioned the process that I have undergone to test on OAuth Playground.

Kindly let me know if any other particular details are needed like client ID,etc

Thanks and Regards,
Bharath

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Your 404 Method not found error should have been resolved at this point. We suggest you read more about the Basics of OAuth 2.0 Authentication and Authorization for a better understanding of OAuth 2.0 protocol when accessing the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Terry