My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

400: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place" on PATCH regardless of input

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Starting earlier today, I began seeing strange behavior with the GMB API. It only seems to affect certain accounts. Basically any time I do a location PATCH, I get the following response:

{ "error": { "code": 400, "message": "Request contains an invalid argument.", "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT", "details": [ { "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.ValidationError", "errorDetails": [ { "code": 1103, "field": "address.locality", "message": "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place." } ] } ] } }

Despite the error message it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the address locality. This happens when I pull up a location that I had previously patched successfully before this morning, make no changes to it whatsoever, and patch it again. It also occurs if I do a POST, the POST succeeds, and then I immediately PATCH the same location with no changes. Here's an example of an account and location that exhibits this behavior:

accounts/108722621887145317609

locations/14211615650552009012

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 400: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place" on PATCH regardless of

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @GMO G,

We are aware of the 400 Bad Request error returned when requests are blocked by latlng or address.locality via the Google My Business API. For now, please try to remove the latlng field in your request to modify a location so that your request can pass the system validation. We will update you by posting in this thread once we have a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Terry

400: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place" on PATCH regardless of input

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On Saturday, I suddenly began getting this error for about half the locations in an account I manage (about 600). I am not submitting the latlng field in my requests, and none of the address information for any of the affected locations has changed recently. Any ideas how I can get these requests to pass validation?

Re: 400: "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place" on PATCH regardless of

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.
I am starting to get a strange error with the address today. When I try to create a new location - it is ok.
But when I try to update location - I always get this error.
I tried many variants data for location, but I didn't update any location today.
I don't use latlng for location.
My error code:

{
"error": {
"status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT",
"message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",
"code": 400,
"details": [
{
"errorDetails": [
{
"field": "address.locality",
"message": "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.",
"code": 1103
}
],
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.ValidationError"
}
]
}
}

Please, inform us how we can fix this error ?

Thanks

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @GMO G@Max C & @Вячеслав Б,

Please provide me with the specific locationId for a location and the full HTTP request message of the PATCH request including the URI, query parameters, and the JSON payloads of request body & response body for triggering this 400 Bad Request error so that I help you troubleshoot this issue further.

Thanks,

Terry

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI @Terry W

There are details for my request:

URI:

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/105470635049510412055/locations/5800453619171710608?fieldMask=address&validateOnly=false&languageCode=de-DE

Request body:

{"address":{"addressLines":"Leipziger Platz 12-13","country":"DE","locality":"Berlin","postalCode":"10117"}}

Response body (from Playground):

{
      {
          {
            "message": "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place.", 
            "code": 1103
          }
        ], 
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.ValidationError"
      }
    ]
  }
}

I found this location on the Map. 

Locality, postal code and addressLines are correct in my query.
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Leipziger+Pl.+12%2F13,+10117+Berlin/@52.5104658,13.3784058,17z/data...

In additional, several days ago similar queries worked.
Please, can you help to find the reason of this error ?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here are the details of my request.

Request URL: 

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/110798525801672924774/locations/10555383031992194862?languageCode=en-US&fieldMask=address%2CstoreCode%2ClocationName%2CprimaryPhone%2CprimaryCategory%2CwebsiteUrl%2CregularHours%2Clabels%2CopenInfo%2Cattributes

Request body: 

{"address":{"country":"US","addressLines":["79 Route 73"],"subLocality":null,"locality":"Voorhees","administrativeArea":"NJ","postalCode":"08043-9591"},"storeCode":"723","locationName":"Kohl's Voorhees","primaryPhone":"(856) 753-3276","primaryCategory":{"name":"Department Store","categoryId":"gcid:department_store"},"websiteUrl":"http:\/\/www.kohls.com\/stores\/nj\/voorhees-723.shtml","regularHours":{"periods":[{"openDay":"SUNDAY","closeDay":"SUNDAY","openTime":"8:00","closeTime":"22:00"},{"openDay":"MONDAY","closeDay":"MONDAY","openTime":"8:00","closeTime":"23:00"},{"openDay":"TUESDAY","closeDay":"TUESDAY","openTime":"8:00","closeTime":"23:00"},{"openDay":"WEDNESDAY","closeDay":"WEDNESDAY","openTime":"8:00","closeTime":"23:00"},{"openDay":"THURSDAY","closeDay":"THURSDAY","openTime":"8:00","closeTime":"23:00"},{"openDay":"FRIDAY","closeDay":"FRIDAY","openTime":"8:00","closeTime":"24:00"},{"openDay":"SATURDAY","closeDay":"SATURDAY","openTime":"7:00","closeTime":"24:00"}]},"labels":[],"openInfo":{"status":"OPEN"},"attributes":[{"attributeId":"sells_clothing_for_men","values":[true]},{"attributeId":"sells_shoes_for_men","values":[true]},{"attributeId":"sells_clothing_for_women","values":[true]},{"attributeId":"sells_shoes_for_women","values":[true]}]}

Response body: 

{
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.ValidationError",
          {
            "code": 1103,
            "message": "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

Per the OP, the error occurs without the LatLng field. It occurs when I do an update, using the data attained via a get on locations/12069243362658771238 (so this is the same exact data that the GMB location already contains), only when the PATCH fieldmask contains any of the following fields: "address.addressLines", "address.locality", "address.administrativeArea", "address.postalCode". Without all of these address fields it updates correctly.

URI:

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/108760805916501949259/locations/12069243362658771238?languageCode=en-US&validateOnly=false&fieldMask=storeCode%2clocationName%2caddress.addressLines%2caddress.locality%2caddress.administrativeArea%2caddress.postalCode%2cprimaryPhone%2cprimaryCategory%2cadditionalCategories%2clabels%2cwebsiteUrl%2cphotos.logoPhotoUrl

Request payload:

{"address":{"addressLines":["811 Rosedale Shopping Center",null],"administrativeArea":"MN","country":"US","locality":"Roseville","postalCode":"55113"},"labels":["athletic wear","Womens Clothing","cardio","cotton pants","exercise clothes","fitness clothes","gym bags","gym clothes","headbands","hiking"],"locationName":"lucy Activewear","primaryCategory":{"categoryId":"gcid:womens_clothing_store","name":"Women's Clothing Store"},"primaryPhone":"(651) 636-5656","storeCode":"70","websiteUrl":"http://www.lucy.com/"}

Response body:

{
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.ValidationError",
          {
            "code": 1103,
            "message": "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I think this issue is resolved.  Can any one confirm?

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi @GMO G, @Max C@Вячеслав Б@Derek C & @Jeremy M,

We are working on a fix for the 400 Bad Request error with the message "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place." you received when creating a new location or updating the specified location. We will notify you in this thread when the issue has been fixed. Thank you for your patience!

Please note that the latlng field is read-only upon creation of a new location and cannot be updated via the Google My Business API. If you have already created the location and you are triggering this error while sending a PATCH request to update the location via the API, please use a fieldMask and confirm that the fieldMask does not include address and latlng. You can edit the address for your business or drop a pin for the geocoding information of your business location through the Google My Business UI.

Thanks,

Terry